It’s Mother’s Day. Right before bed last night, my daughter said, “You’re going to LOVE breakfast, I guarantee it.” She’s still asleep at 8:45am along with her brothers, and this momma would sure like to make myself a cup of coffee but I don’t want to interfere with their big plans. Alas, I thought it a good time to reflect on my blessings of late.
This day can be hard on many of us for different reasons but hearing my kids say, you’re the best mom ever, I love you mommy, redeems the day. Seeing who they are is proof of my good God.
Then there’s the house…
Let me list some blessings in my big move so far:
- the timing of our visit to Texas over Spring Break. Had we waited for the original plan, we wouldn’t have been able to get a house in time, to put it simply. And we certainly would have missed the opportunity to get the beautiful home that we call our own in less than week! (My hubby will break it in there while we wait for the school year to finish here!)
- the timing of all the paperwork and logistics that has without fail come into place exactly when we needed it to
- help from family and friends to get our home in Canada ready to list
- the definitive way God answered our prayers to find the right buyers for our home
- my hard-working husband who is busting his butt in his new work role while also juggling demands related to the international move
I could go on. I am sharing this because I want to share how my good God cares about all these details and is walking through it all with us. Some people have commented that we are lucky, but it’s not luck, and there are still some significant details outstanding but I want to make it clear: we are more blessed than stressed!
On Saturday, I also had the first of many goodbyes with my BSF friends…
I’ll stop now before I start thinking more about goodbyes than hellos! Not much for thrifting tales here but I have been faithfully sharing some decent ensembles on Instagram so tune in if you’re missing that. I even put up a few little Spirited Thrifter thrifting videos the other day on Instagram story. There was dancing and merriment. You don’t want to miss that. Till next time…