I’m going to be real here. I love my day job! I’m not looking to replace it, however I am looking to share the JOY OF THRIFTING! It can be daunting to go into a second-hand store the first time, go back and get comfortable! I know, I was once there myself. I also have a passion for helping women discover their style and look their best. There are style experts in Edmonton that are fantastic at what they do, and they may be the perfect match for you. However, if you are looking for support for your thrifting beginnings, I am the gal for you!
Here is what I can offer:
- Closet consultation – need help organizing your closet so you know what you have and what you need and what you need to let go of? Check outmy post on closet organization and my closet edit for an idea of what you can expect.
- Style consultation – I have become a student of wardrobe remixing, and can help you remix your current wardrobe! Together we can determine which pieces suit your style and any wardrobe holes that need filling!
- Accessory consultation – do you have good basics but they need a finishing touch? Are you looking to get more mileage from your wardrobe through some key accessories? I can advise on the best cost-per-wear options and/or offer a custom service with She Does Create where we pre-select options, and you try them on and make your selections!
- Thrifting guide – are you intrigued by the possibility of great deals but intimidated by thrift stores? I can safely say I have A LOT of thrift shopping experience and would love to accompany you shopping at your store of choice, help you select pieces to try then refine your final selections. This may or may not follow any of the above consultations.
- Style party – gather your friends and each bring 5 outfits that you don’t know how to style. We can share advice, swap some pieces and finish the evening with great ensembles ready to go! Check out the fun of a style party here.
- Reviews, ads, sponsorships and all that awesome stuff – I am keen to expand my horizons and open for discussion! I would be pleased to work with individuals, products or companies that are a good fit for my little corner of the gargantuan world wide web.
Please contact me for fees and appointments at email@example.com.
The Spirited Thrifter is pleased to accept Visa and MasterCard or cash.
I had never shopped at a thrifting store before Nicole introduced me to Value Village. There is certainly an art to thrift shopping and Nicole knows how to do it. Everything from style, good value, fashion staples, trends, organization and how to shop the store are part of the thrifting experience. She encouraged me to try styles I never would have picked up and my personal style and wardrobe have developed as a result. Thrifting is so fun, cost effective and practical. I love shopping and I can do it guilt free since it’s so inexpensive. Now one of my favourite ‘girls night out’ activities is meeting friends at a thrift store to see what treasures we can find. I highly recommend getting Nicole to introduce you to this approach to a perfect wardrobe.
It has been 3 months since that fateful May night and it has been surprisingly easy to maintain the order that Nicole created. It is easier (and quicker!) for me to find items and put outfits together, which allows me to sleep in as late as possible and still arrive at work looking professional and pulled-together. My only complaint is that after this Nicole still doesn’t have the entire contents of my closet memorized – last time we were at VV she kept trying to get me to buy belts that I already had. And white shirts. And Purple T-Shirts. Get it together, Nicole.
Must start off saying I am one of the biggest plain Janes ever! Anyone who knows me would be shocked if I wore color, which is where my miracle worker Nicole comes in…
Met at VV to find Nicole already picking out amazingly low priced pieces with my color palette in mind! She was really organized and went through each section of store, building foundation to each outfit with accessories.
She listened to me describe the size and metal types of jewellery I liked, finding numerous bracelets, earrings and necklaces I will definitely wear. Now I know what an “arm party” is too (wearing multiple bracelets simultaneously)!!!
Moving on to the scarf section, she pointed out the different types of fabric, recommending the best texture/color for me, including mini lessons on tying them!
She picked out a good diversity of shirts and pants, and gave a variety of ways to layer and complete outfits. I felt confident purchasing everything with this talented and honest, style professional!
as for testimonial i cant praise you highly enuf!
was such a fun time for me – not my usual vv experience thats for sure!
i will say that you were super professional, very kind, and really really knowledgeable about what actually ‘goes’ together and what would look good on me. in fact there wasn’t a single thing you picked out that didn’t work!
i can see myself ‘booking’ an appointment with my wardrobe therapist (that’s you) a couple times a year for a tune-up!
i cant wait to start wearing my new stuff! thank you again so much for being so generous with your time and expertise.