In case you didn’t hear, I recently got back from a little getaway to San Francisco and Napa Valley – five days, just me and my hubby in honour of our 15th anniversary.
This is the first time we have gone away together without our three children, basically since 2005. I didn’t have a ton of time to pack – even though just the two of us were going on vacation, I still had to get the kids all packed up and ready to go. I should have let them pack themselves to add extra thrills to Nana’s time with them (1000 Lego and no underwear?), but instead I did all their laundry, packed 3 seasons worth of clothes for them, then had 10 minutes to decide what to bring for myself. Since I had a few dresses in the queue waiting to be featured here, I decided to keep it simple and pack dresses!
Here is what I packed:
- a dress for every day (5) plus one for evening and an extra (which I didn’t use because I didn’t have my kids with me to get me dirty)
- 2 pairs of leggings for layering – black and patterned
- 2 cardis for layering – black and peach
- 2 scarves for layering
- 2 belts for finishing
- denim jacket
- one bag
- accessories via She Does Create and VV Boutique
- 4 pairs of shoes (I *needed* them all!)
The dress approach worked well for me. I didn’t have to worry about packing options for separates, and so didn’t feel all the sad little eyes of my wardrobe on my back, silently pleading to come along.
Here is what I wore:
Here is where I went:
Larkmead Vineyards were also wonderful!
Pride Mountain Vineyards host Andy explaining all about Sonoma and Napa.