My name is Nicole. I’m a 43-year-old wife and mother of three awesome kids, aged 11, 9 and 7. I started style blogging in August 2012 after my husband lost his job and I discovered thrifting as an avenue for affordable fashion and retail therapy! Read all about the beginning here! He found another awesome job soon after, but I continued with my adventure of shopping second hand for myself for a full year and I’m not planning to stop any time soon! VV Boutique Style celebrated its first blog birthday on August 10, 2013 and since then I’ve continued enjoying thrifting adventures and great style, and I rebranded as The Spirited Thrifter in March 2015. I have had great adventures sharing my love of thrifting and everyday style with the world and am always up for more! Here are some other facts about me:
- I recently moved from Alberta, Canada to Texas, US. It has been a major transition and I’m so happy y’all (!) are following along with my journey!
- I worked as a pediatric Occupational Therapist for more than 15 years before moving to Texas. I love love love my job and consider it a great blessing. I am waiting faithfully for a new opportunity here in TX!
- My photos are real-life styled! My 7-year-old is my best photographer and when she can’t be bribed with gum, I have Pokemon cards for my back-up boys!
- I am enjoying expanding my technical know-how with this adventure! My skills are getting better every day and I’m managing to stay one step ahead of my 7-year-old!
- Best for last, I love Jesus and know that from Him all blessings flow – including the privilege of being able to enjoy this hobby!
Have any other burning questions? Email me or leave a comment! I would love to connect!
This is the day the Lord has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it.